The UK’s automotive industry has been the fastest growing overall in western Europe since 2009 . This is due to an increasing demand for UK-made cars and a supportive business environment.
Automotive in the UK
With over 15 billion GBP invested in the UK automotive industry between 2012 and 2015, the UK is one of the world’s most attractive destinations for foreign investment.
Automotive businesses looking to set up here will find:
- a country placed seventh in the world for ease of doing business, according to the World Bank
- the highest value add per employee in car manufacturing of any European country, according to Eurostat
- competitive labour costs which are lower than Italy, France or Germany
- the lowest corporation tax rate in the G20, at 19%, falling to 17% by 2020
- excellent labour relations